Thursday, February 28, 2008

Why senior high kids are cool

Last night my surprise was more of a proud mom moment than an actual surprise. We had our usual lent service, and two of my senior high students had roles. Steph Manthey gave her "surprise me moment" of the week and did a great job. Up until 30 minutes before the service I didn't have anyone to do the moment, and not only stepped up to the plate, but hit it out of the ballpark. Nice work Steph!
Then, the proud mom moment #2, when Val Krych got up to sing her solo during the offering. Not only did she do a great job, but 13 (actual count, thanks Mary) of our senior high students took a break from cleaning the kitchen from the supper to come and stand in the back of the sanctuary to hear her sing. I have never been involved in a group that is so supportive of each other, in good times and in bad times.
I really, really hope you all get a chance to hang out with them sometime. They are really amazing people... and I am lucky to know each one of them.

No comments: