Saturday, March 1, 2008

ok, here it goes...

Ok this is my first time writing because I have only been doing what I'll call a "challenge" for about ten days. I'm not sure exactly how to look for these surprises because I am not sure what my surprises are suppose to look like or what I am suppose to do with them (if that makes any sense at all).



Some of you might know that my dad, Bruce, died of brain cancer last April. I can't believe it's almost been a year. (PS and by the way, BIG thanks and shout outs go to all of the POP supporters)

My mom and I just got back from a amazing mother/daughter date to the movies. I have a history of constantly forcing her to listen to songs that I believe to be wicked awesome. However, tonight she decided to turn the tables and reflect the music back to me. A select few of you will remember that my dad used to sing at the 11 o'clock service in the Sonrise band. Overtime, they so intelligantly decided to record some of their talent. A year or two later my dad had made me a mix of some of my favortie songs. Tonight, my mom pulled it out to reveal to me a song she had discovered earlier on this week called Will You Love Jesus More.

This song talks about turning your eyes on Jesus even when the ones you love have gone to be with him in heaven. It's hard for me to listen to recordings of my dad... and I'm not going to lie, I didn't make it through the whole song, but this was... well... a surprise.

Thanks God... and Dad.

*Cheree Johnson

No comments: