Sunday, February 24, 2008

Wonderful filled days

Today I was blessed to attend church with my whole family. What a joy God has given me to continue to be part of thier lives as they venture onto new and exciting things. I must back track, to the beginning of the weekend. I forgot how busy we can be when all togehter. I was up for anything, but a lacrosse game in Stillwater, at 11:00 pm? sure.....I think so.....why not..........by 9 pm my eyes were already heavy and ready for bed. What have I done, by agreeing to go with to watch, and much less to drive...I can't even see the TV at 9pm...? So I thought I would rest for a few minutes....45 minutes later it was time to go. Splashing water on my face helped to wake me up a little. I knew something would help. SO off we went. To arrive for the 11:00 game which didn't start until 11:45......and yes they are two hour games. So I found my surprise me God moment in the patience I needed...and just took a deep breath and tried to make the most of it. Thier was no way to leave being we had to give a player a ride home. Did I mention that it was being played in a dome blowing cold air.....two hours? My bones were even cold.! God gave me the patience to know that I was their for a reason. I enjoyed the game, and yes we finally arrived home at 2:50 am. I haven't seen that time for years. I enjoyed the bonding experience with my girls....we laughed, we shivered, and we talked. God surprised me with this experience that we will talk about for years. Or at least I will....I made it! The weekend continued with lots of laughs, food and yes even a family nap.! I wasn't the only one exhausted. God has truly blessed me with this loving family, and the surprises I hope will continue to come as they experience and share with Jim and I. Peace Sue

No comments: