Sunday, February 17, 2008

Days 11-12

I worshiped in multiple settings and churches this week/weekend. I am again surprised how different they all are; yet how similar they are. When Jesus is the center of worship it all holds together to Surprise us with His presence. Surprised how left out I felt when I was not invited to commune on Sat. night...was I to go away hungry?
Lord, let us not send folks away hungering for your presence.

Surprised by grace again today in morning worship. Surprised by being reminded of the truth of God loving us enough to say "No"... tonight. Blessed and Surprised when Luke said something like this tonight at Selah, "Change is inevitable...Change is always a surprise."....oh how true.

How true. Whether we like it or not, "Change Happens". I can approach it as an interruption or an opportunity. My first reflexive reaction is to resist it. I am so Scandinavian...uff da! My wife will attest to this truth...Surprise!

It has been a series of days that seem to blending together in a blur. Yet God has held me during this time. I am grateful for God's presence and strength when my own is spent. I am surprised how after a huge week and weekend how drained I am. How can this be? So many good things were experienced through God working in and around the days? "How can this be?" (I am so "opened up" ..."laid open" by this question from the Mary and Nicodemus' stories)...Surprise me God!

Surprise, again... you are human. Get some rest and tomorrow remember to pray...Surprise me, God...even if it is not on my schedule for the day. Give me strength for Your tomorrow.
Pastor T

No comments: