Monday, February 18, 2008

Subzero surprises

Today was our Skiing Adventure at Afton Alps... and boy was it cold!!! But it was a great day and - SURPRISE!! - no one broke anything. We had 34 students, mostly junior high boys, and managed to make it through 7 hours of skiing and snowboarding with not one injury. Amazing.

After Afton I met Pr Jim at a restaurant for a board meeting of a group called HMCHA (said him-cha, stands for holistic ministry for children in the horn of Africa). Yeah, it's a mouthful, but boy is it an amazing organization. I feel like a HUGE surprise me moment came from this meeting... they are based in Ethiopia, which is where Sam's dad is from. Sam and I have wanted to find a connection for Ethiopia for awhile, and it has been crazy how this organization has sort of fallen out of nowhere into my focus. It could be no one but God that put it there. I hope that not only Sam and I become sponsors of this organization, but in my dream world and what I think God is calling me to - is to bring HMCHA and POP together to bring clean water and education and basic needs to the people of Ethiopia. I get so excited just thinking about what we could do in Africa and I can hardly stand still.... eeeeee!!! I know this connection was brought by God - and I only hope that I can do this surprise justice by responding the way God is asking me to respond.
Stay warm!

Natalia

No comments: