Sunday, February 17, 2008

February 17th 2008

When doing some reading today I came across a daily devotion that inspired me...written by Billy Graham.
Those who sumbit to the will of God do not fight back at life. They learn the secret of yieding-of relinquishing and abandoning-their own lives and wills to Christ. And then He gives back to them a life that is far richer and fuller than anything they could ever have imagined.!
This reading really struck me as relevant to the experiment " Surprise me God", because I feel that by asking God to surprise me everyday, I give him the will to shape and mold my life, as he sees fit. By being surprised and aware of all the things happening to me, it is so fulfilling to know that God continues to surround me and sends goodness and surprises in to my life. Some of the surprises aren't as greatly appreciated.....but understood. Some of the surprises...are simple and touch my heart.
To those of you that watched extreme home makeover on Sunday night, I was so taken by the family they helped. They have a 19 year old son, who is completely blind and in a wheelchair, but very talented musically and vocally. He said I do not want people to look at my disabilities, I want them to look at my abilities instead. This courage and bravery when faced with such challenges.....WOW....this is a God sighting. I was surprised how emotional I became while watching this story. God touches our hearts by teaching us how difficult life can get, but also showing us how to over come adversity and trust! Peace Sue

No comments: