Monday, March 3, 2008

Day 25 Sunday and Sunny

My Sundays start real early…it was 4 am and focusing on the morning message as I click on Surprise Me Blog to see if any entries were made. Well Surprise…there was the prefect illustration for the morning message from Ms Cheree. It grabbed my heart and I knew it had to be a God thing at that time in the morning…so I used it in the message and I believe it was as much of a God Surprise for others as it was for me. Thank God…and Dad (Bruce), Sue (Mom) and Ms Cheree.

As I pulled up to church at 6:20 am the worship center lights were on…Surprise…Kirk was busy getting things ready for morning media. I had a couple video clips to show and Kirk was again faithfully setting it up for others to enjoy. God is working over time in a bunch of our young women and men like Cheree and Kirk. What gifts!

I opened my office to find some mail on my desk that included a slip of paper that was from last Wednesday’s Staff meeting devotions. Katie had devotions and had asked if we each would write one affirmation for each of the other staff members. She would collect and then put on individual sheets for each staff to enjoy. (I am embarrassed to admit that I didn’t get it done before I left for a few days…and now I regret it. Sorry faithful co-workers in the Kingdom…I am in debt to each of you for your faithful and enduring ministry to our church family!) My sheet was on my desk. I think that each one who made an affirmation were more than generous in their affirmation. But I felt cared for and encouraged. Thanks to each and Katie for taking us there with her devotion.)

I made it through the morning without coughing on to many folks. I hope I didn’t pass on this “bug”. When I made it home I hit the bed and slept for 2 hours. The phone ran and it was some friends wanting to know if we would do “coffee” tonight. Surprise…I love coffee…I love to go out with friends and share our lives together. It was the end of another good day. I was still tired so off to bed…thanking God for all the God activity in my day and my church family.

Pastor T

No comments: