Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Tuesday March 4th

We all continue to struggle with what is a God Surprise. I had a full day with prep time for upcoming messages, special lunch meeting with Terry Esau (he IS the “real deal”…cool!), coordinating ministry one-on-one with staff (I am always amazed by their vision and passion for our church family), meeting with a new family who is having a baby baptized (a rich time to experience God’s drawing us together through the promises of Baptism and I get the privilege of meeting these new “babies” of our church family…and do we have “babies”…Wow!!) and then regular on-going leadership meetings (what a “heart” the leadership teams have for God and our church family!!).

In and through the day, God was there…oh there were times I wondered what or where or why…but God was there. God was holding, lifting, pulling, stretching, healing, clarifying, challenging, encouraging, forgiving, renewing…(just to name a few instances that I was aware of but there surely was more)

Now I must admit I am a bit of a “mystic” so if this seems a bit to much I ask you to understand that I tend to see or be looking for God in everything...the good, the bad and the “ugly”. One of the comments Terry made a lunch that resonated with me about praying the prayer “Surprise Me, God” is the increased appetite created for being aware of God’s presence in all things. If I could just rest in that truth…not try to manage that truth. God is the actor who is making it all possible as life continues to be so daily. God will work in spite of what the outward circumstances appear to be or what we seem to see. God’s message of mercy, love, grace and transformation in the person of Jesus is still as powerful today as it was 2000+ years ago and that message is what changes individuals, families, churches, governments, nations and worlds. God surprises are there for the seeing if we ask for eyes to see and ears to hear. Surprise me, God…Surprise us, God”.

Pastor T

No comments: