Friday, March 7, 2008

Friday Prompting

Today as I was going one place to another I had this prompting…an overwhelming sense that I should stop to see a friend of mine. We were a part of a prayer group for several years while I was serving another congregation. I struggled with whether or not I had enough time or if he might be in his office but something drew me to stop.

I was greeted by one of his co-workers with great big hug. I guess it was worth stopping just for the hug but when Tim came around the corner it was a reunion. We hugged and began talking about families. His folks have had health issues like mine so we had some poignant moments talking about the changes in their lives and ours.

I asked Tim if he had seen our friend Chuck who was also a part of our little group. Tim indicated that they were supposed to get together last Friday for lunch and prayer but Chuck was called into work and could not meet. I grab my cell phone and dialed Chuck’s phone. He answered immediately. I asked him where he was and to our surprise he was just a couple minutes away from Tim’s office. He said, “I’ll be there right away!”

We had a great lunch and a time of prayer together just like old times. It was so rich a time. I never expected this wonderful surprise. God was all over this time and meeting together. If I had not acted on this “prompting” to stop I would have missed the highlight of my day. God pulled us together to share some time again in prayer and conversation. Relationships are core to the journey of life. I have been blessed to make many acquaintances but these two men have my heart and trust. We would drop everything for each other if one had a need or emergency. We are “friends forever” in Christ.

Thank you Jesus for stirring in my heart to stop and “smell the roses” of life with my friends, Tim and Chuck. Thanks for giving me sensitivity today to your presence in my life.

Pastor T

No comments: