Saturday, March 8, 2008

Roller coaster........

Sitting back and reflecting on the week....Yes it has been five whole days since I blogged....I can't believe how fast the week went, but anyway...I have been on an emotional rollercoaster. Big, news and great surprise when our daughter Mary, called and said she has accepted a job here in Minneapolis. WOW.....I never expected it to happen this fast. My emotions overflowed with joy as I anticipate spending fun times with her and watching her continue to suceed in life. Then the difficulty set in as I can feel through her voice, the obvious, how difficult it will be for her to leave what has become her home state of South Dakota, and all the wonderful people who have touched her life over the past 6 years. I as a parent want to make it as easy as possible. But when your children have become adults, this is not possible. God has given me the forsight to sit back, pray, pray and pray some more to be here for her when she asks, and not try to fix it.... God has given my husband the kind and gentle words to help me to understand where our role as parents lyes. So as I pray surprise me God.... I have been asking God to guide me, more than surprise me....during this transition time for our family. I know God will surprise us with many wonderful times, and he will guide Mary into wonderful things here in Minnesota. Peace, Sue

No comments: