Friday, February 8, 2008

Big and Little

My first day of the experiment started yesterday.
I woke up and as an appology my mom had made me breakfast. That was a nice start to my day, but then SUPRISE, I started fighting with my brother.
I got an A on two of my tests. That was a pleasant suprise.
The day was starting to wear down, and as I was contemplating what my suprises of the day were I got a text from one of my friends. This lead to a phone call, and it was a really personal, great conversation. Getting this close and honest with someone was deffinately my suprise for the day. It really brought our relationship a lot closer together.

Then today. I overslept and had five minutes to get ready. Now I'm not a high maintenence girl, but wow, that was a stretch. Its just been a long, stressful day full of family issues are arguments. Maybe I'm just not realizing it yet, or maybe my suprise will come later.

If nothing else, I have faith to assume God is prodding me along.
But I think that we get suprises on different levels. One day it might be subtle things that you take for granted. The next you might acknowledge some of them, but they are really no big deal. Then, there's the big things. Those slap you in the face suprises, and even just writing this I've kind of realized they may not all be good, but that's another leap of faith I have to take. I have to assume that everything will turn out.

So I'm ready God. Surprise me.

Jackie Winters

No comments: