Thursday, February 7, 2008

Day 2- What?!

Sleep seems to be at a premium these days/nights. Went to bed thinking about God sightings and God Surprises only to find I kept waking and wondering about tomorrow. It started quietly with the normal activities. When I arrived at the office I found staff members waiting to tell about their Surprises. It was fascinating and amazing. God surprised me with how aware we were after only a few hours of how God was active all around us...in our families and friend's lives and affairs. I wondered if that was the Surprise or God Sighting for the day? Then the phone rang...it was my sister out East. She called to say her son, Brad, the Marine pilot, was in Kuwait and heading home. He would be in NC by Sunday. We had been wondering and praying for his return this week but not a word had come...silence...anxious days and nights. Then today...good news...coming home! Awareness and reporting of sightings was the rule of the day...I wonder what it will be like tomorrow...will I sleep or be restless again anticipating the dawn of a new day?

Now I lay me down to sleep...

Pastor T

No comments: