Sunday, February 10, 2008

Day 5 Sunday seems to be a day of....Surprise!

Sunday always seems to be a day of God Surprises. When God's people gather, God is very active. From the morning services till it's time for bed there are little surprises along the way.

First Surprise was Breanna L. home from Iraq for a couple weeks...all smiles! We prayed for safety and protection. Then she is in the hallway all bundled up in warm clothes...a bit of a contrast to Iraq. Forgot how beautiful she is!

The surprises in the story of Mary and the angel in Luke 1 are many. My favorite is when the angel says..."For nothing will be impossible with God." What a surprise...the emphasis on..."with God", it reminded me that God is active and able to help us in any situation...nothing is impossible with God! Surprise.

Lois and I had a wonderful lunch with a dear friend and we shared God Surprises all through lunch. It doesn't get any better than that! God always surprises me with the richness of friendships in my life.

Late this afternoon the phone rang and the message was..."The Eagle has landed!" It was my sister and her son, Brad, the Marine had returned home from Iraq too! Safe and sound! It was a "double day" of thanksgiving and joy.

It has been a good day.
I am weary tonight. Keep your eyes open for God sightings!
Pastor T

No comments: