Monday, February 11, 2008

Day 6 of the Journey

"Monday! Monday!" ....Mama Cass used to wail out over the radio...it just seemed to be that way this morning. Mondays seem to be difficult days for many of us. Just getting started again after Sunday's activity seems to be a challenge. Looking for God sightings early in the AM seems to be avoiding me but the devotional for the day and reading of Day 6 in Surprise Me challenges me about "ME". When it all becomes about "ME", it is a definite "de-railer" for the day and the journey. Terry recalls his challenge of "I's" and "I" bristle a bit because it sounds familiar...Surprise!!!

I am again met with stories of Surprises from staff and others during the day...it's just on our minds...COOL!

I am standing in the CLC as the Alpha meal is happening and one of our team members comes to me and asks if anyone in the church might be interested in reading and discussing Bonhoeffer with them. Surprise...
(John Matthews must have put him up to it...naw...)
I said that I was sure he would have folks who would be interested and we could help him get connected with others who are interested..Keep your eyes open and you will see God working in and around all of us!

An invite to Friday night Tae Kwon Do...the kids want to show off their newly learned skills and knowledge...God Sighting time!...I can hardly wait. Have to get someone to come with me to video them so we can share the God Surprise with others!

Not a bad Monday after all.
Pastor T

No comments: