Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I'm not sure I like this surprise...

As many of you know- I had a ridiculous cold last week, and I thought it was getting better but yesterday I woke up with it a lot worse and I knew it was no longer just a cold. So today I went to minute clinic and SURPRISE!!! I have a sinus infection and the beginnings of bronchitus. Joy of Joys to be sick on Wednesdays....

But here's the thing about being sick... it forces you to slow down. I don't know about any of you - but slowing down is NOT something I am good at... and it really only happens when I'm sick, and even then it's tough to do. Wednesdays are simply not a day where slowing down is a possibility around here. But I know that God is telling me to take it easy, so I'm going to try my best to slow down. Slowing down might be hard, but it also makes it easier to notice all the ways where God is working, because I'm actually taking time to look around, not be running around. So even though this surprise kind of stinks, I'm looking forward to the surprises I see when I'm moving a little slower.

Natalia

No comments: