Sunday, February 10, 2008

Happy Sunday......After listening to Pastor Ted this morning.....I realized that I am not completely looking for all the surprises God sends or gives to me. Yesterday, I had the opportunity to help a co-worker in need of a babysitter. Her family is all out of town and her husband is ill in the hospital. So after calling her with concern, she seemed shaken.....and I told her if she needed any help, I would love to do it. I really had so many plans to complete my basement clean up project, take a nap, and eat..... :) so when she called a little while after we had talked I dropped my special projects and Jim and I headed over to her house. I never gave it another thought, or thought about how I was missing out on my own time. I felt at peace that this is where God needed me to be. He suprised me with helping my special friend. I felt so good, because I knew she felt better knowing her husband was doing better, and she was able to relax a alittle. Plus, spending time with a busy 4 year old is very energizing, seeing the simple world that God has created for us through little eyes.....WOW. I am excited to keep looking for those small simple surprises God has for ME! Peace Sue

No comments: