Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentines Surprises

It seems like it shouldn't be surprising to be surprised on Valentines day, but I was. Sam and I have been together for 4 Valentines days and we have really tried not to fall into the materialism buy-lots-of-junk-for-too-much-money trap, so I wasn't really expecting anything... even moreso because we're both in grad school and both getting set to write our thesis papers and so our evenings are mostly spent studying in different rooms. So imagine my surprise when Sam comes home and we make dinner together, eat at the table with candles, and then get in the car and head to my gym for couples yoga. I know, I know, some of you are thinking it's so cheesy, but it was amazing. It was like a workout and quality time all in one! I know it was not something that Sam would really want to do, so it was awesome that he thought of it and knew I would like it.
What a great surprise! :) A free evening of uninterrupted time with my husband... surprises don't get better than that!

Natalia

No comments: